Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Fall KCWC 2012-Day 1


I am taking the Kid's Clothing Week Challenge with Elsie Marley this week.  The challenge is to sew kid's clothing for at least 1 hour each day for a week.  In truth, I am attempting to complete one article of clothing each day which will probably take more than an hour.  We'll see how much I get accomplished!

For Day One I decided to make a t-shirt for James.  James loves Garbage trucks and talks about them all the time.  Whenever he hears a loud truck he looks at me and says "What's that Mommy?  Garbage truck?"  Mondays are the most exciting day at our house.  Our garbage gets picked up on Mondays.  James is normally napping when the garbage truck comes which is very upsetting.  Sometimes it comes just after James has laid down and it makes it very hard for him to actually go to sleep.  He would hate to miss a single garbage truck.

I made this shirt loosely using Dana's 90 minute shirt tutorial.  I used a thrifted t-shirt for the fabric to make the shirt.  I found the picture of the garbage truck online and cut it out and used the freezer paper stencil method to paint it on the shirt.  I had some problems with the neck being too big because the fabric stretched but Lee helped me figure out how to fix it and I think it turned out pretty cute!



Mission accomplished Day One!!

No comments:

Post a Comment