Friday, September 30, 2011

One-Year-Old School

September=Apples

We have done some very simple activities to keep us busy this September. Our theme was apples and my goal was to have the boys identify an apple and maybe say the word apple. We also talked about the letter "A" and the "aaaaa" (short a) sound. We also tried to use as many of our senses as possible with our activities. Here are some of the activities we did:
apple sensory bucket

apple prints (this activity didn't really work and the boys were less than impressed)

finger painting (there was definitely crying at the beginning of this activity but they started to participate after a little bit. I think they will enjoy finger painting with more practice.)

red play-doh

apple fruit leather

apple turnovers

SONGS
Way up high in the apple tree

Two little apples smiled down at me (he wouldn't do this action when I was trying to take pictures, I'll add it later if I can get him to perform!)

I shook that tree as hard as I could

Down came the apples, mmmmm they were good!

No comments:

Post a Comment