Sunday, June 26, 2011

It's Party Time!

the decor

I found the idea for the ruffled streamers on a blog I follow and the banners came from my research on monkey birthday parties. I found the happy birthday banner here. The monthly pics banner was a conglomeration of several other banners I found online.

the food

the cake

James wasn't really sure about the sticky icing on his cupcake but once I opened up the cupcake and gave him some of the cake he loved it. Since he didn't like the icing he didn't make too much of a mess of his face but he did get a nice stripe of chocolate down the side of his face.

gift madness

James did a pretty good job of helping to open presents and looking at the gifts he got but there was one point in the party where we stopped opening presents and wondered where James had gone. We found him sitting in the corner with his box of books reading a book. I wish I had gotten a picture of it because it was pretty funny. I guess all the attention finally got to him and he just needed a little time alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment