Tuesday, March 29, 2011

9 Months


Well, I am almost 2 weeks late with this post but better late than never I guess.

At our 9 month appointment last week James weighed in at 18 pounds and 27.5 inches. They didn't tell me the percentiles but I think his weight is about 10% and length is 20-25%. His height has definitely slowed down which seems to make more sense for him to fit in our family!

James is sitting very well these days but doesn't seem to be moving toward crawling. He can't seem to get his belly up off the floor. He pushes way up with his arms and bends his knees but that belly just stays put. He can pivot around on his belly and roll in any direction so he can get about anywhere he wants. He loves to stand up with his dinosaur or hippo (standing/rolling toys). He also loves to stand up against the couch or the ottoman. We just have to put him against those things.
He loves to show off his "touchdown" skills and has added waving and doing the sign for "safe". The two new skills definitely don't have a 100% success rate but they come out every now and then. James is also getting pretty good at drinking from his sippy straw cup. Each time I give it to him he will take a couple sips but spends most of the time chewing on the straw, handle, or bottom of the cup. The other day I made a little mango smoothie for him and put it in his cup. He sucked the whole thing down! He is also getting better at eating solid foods that have a little more solid texture to them. He loves to "talk" to us now and he is saying babababa and dadadada. I am pretty sure baba is his nickname for me because that is what he says the most! He's getting so big I just can't believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment