Monday, March 26, 2012

21 Months Old!

I am a week late with this post but I wanted to get it down anyway.

It has been an eventful month...James is now potty trained!  He still occasionally has accidents but we can go out for hours and normally have no trouble.  Most of his accidents happen when Mommy and Daddy are both home and busy working on projects.  I feel like he doesn't want to interrupt us to tell us he needs to go potty.  He can do both #1 and #2 in the potty  and he tells me when he needs to go.  There are still several times during the day that I make him go also.

He has also started wanting to be very independent.  All day long he is pointing to himself and saying "James" (which sounds kind of like "D") telling me that he wants to do it himself.

I haven't put this in a monthly post before but we have been learning different letters and sounds with our themes each month.  I started it just to give James some exposure and make letter crafts for reference later when we did work on learning the alphabet.  James has really seemed to be interested in the alphabet and now knows 9 letter sounds (A, B, C, H, J, L, M, S, T).  He doesn't know the names of all of those letters but he can look at the letter and tell me the sound it makes or tell me the sound it makes when I ask him.  He has not however, caught on to the colors we have been trying to learn for the last month.  He can say the names of the colors we have worked on but he only identifies the correct color like 50% of the time.  He just guesses.  I don't know if he isn't understanding the concept or maybe he is color blind!

One of James' favorite thing to do right now is play on the "wheee!" (his slide).

No comments:

Post a Comment