Saturday, July 9, 2011

Bye-bye Franklin

We had a turtle named Franklin that was my classroom pet when I was in the classroom. James liked to watch him and help me feed him but he was very dirty and I had to clean his tank A LOT. I wasn't very good with keeping up with it. I cleaned his tank right before James' birthday party and 4 days later it was starting to get dirty and the filter was clogged. Normally the tank would last for 1-2 weeks. It was annoying to try to keep up with but I was ok with it. 4 days I'm not willing to deal with so I decided it was time to find a nice pond for Franklin to call home. As it turned out, 2 days later we were going to a park (with a nice pond) for a Memorial Day cookout. Franklin came along but had a one-way ticket. It was a touching scenario and while we were watching Franklin walk off into his new home James reached over and patted his daddy on the back then leaned over and gave me a hug. It's good we have James to comfort us in our loss.


No comments:

Post a Comment